How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Head Start. Our Program offers early childhood education and family services to eligible children six weeks to five years old and their families throughout the San Antonio and Edgewood Independent School Districts.
Head Start Pre-kindergarten Services, Early Head Start Services, and Home-based Services are available if your family meets the Federal Poverty Guidelines and is a resident of Bexar County. To see the HHS webpage for the guidelines – CLICK HERE.
Your family may be eligible for Head Start Services if you meet any of the following categories:
- The child is in foster care
- Your family receives TANF benefits
- Your family receive SNAP benefits
- Your child or family member receives Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI) benefits
- Your family is experiencing homelessness
- The child has a disability