How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Head Start. Our Program offers early childhood education and family services to eligible children six weeks to five years old and their families throughout the San Antonio and Edgewood Independent School Districts.
Head Start Program serves children six weeks to five years old.
Head Start Pre-kindergarten Services, Early Head Start Services, and Home-based Services are available if your family meets the Federal Poverty Guidelines and is a resident of Bexar County. To see the HHS webpage for the guidelines – CLICK HERE.
Your family may be eligible for Head Start Services if you meet any of the following categories:
- The child to be enrolled is in foster care.
- The family is receiving benefits or services through the TANF Program.
- A family member living with and supported by you is receiving Supplemental Security Income benefits (SSI).
- The family is homeless.
- The child enrolling has a disability.
- Income eligibility requirements for Head Start may be waived, if your child has a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or a current Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP).
Proof of all family income
1040, W2, Pay Stubs, Unemployment Document, Statement from Employer, TANF or SSI Documents
Proof of Age
Proof of Guardianship
(If applicable: Foster care letter or Child Protective Services documents)
Proof of Residence
Bill or statement with your name and address, example: CPS or SAWS
Divorce decree / custody documents
Proof of child support